Cotswold Edge & Severn Vale Tourism Network
This community led Tourism Network is open to local councils, groups, businesses, accommodation providers, volunteers, attractions and venues in Dursley, the surrounding Cotswold Edge and Severn Vale area. Members are working together to develop a co-ordinated and joined up approach towards tourism to take advantage of new and existing initiatives and opportunities to attract visitors to the area.
This page contains information relating to the Network and it's work in the local area. If you would like to share information or get involved in the Network please contact the Council office.
The next Tourism Network meeting will take place in November/December 2017 (date to be confirmed).
The next Tourism Network Steering Group meeting will take place on Monday 23rd October 6:30pm in Jacob's House, Castle Street, Dursley.
- Tourism Network Steering Group Update (PDF, 215 Kb)
Tourism Network Minutes
- Tourism Network Minutes July 2017 (PDF, 305 Kb)
- Tourism Network Minutes January 2017 (PDF, 465 Kb)
- Tourism Network Minutes October 2016 (PDF, 375 Kb)
- Tourism Network Minutes September 2016 (PDF, 524 Kb)
- Tourism Network Minutes July 2016 (PDF, 324 Kb)
- Tourism Network Meeting Notes September 2015 (PDF, 178 Kb)
- Tourism Network Meeting Notes February 2015 (PDF, 163 Kb)
Tourism Network Steering Group Minutes & Updates
Draft Tourism Strategy
The Network is currently developing a Tourism Strategy for the area, draft documents are available below. If you have any comments on the draft Strategy, the Constitution, Action Plan or the Map which shows the geographical area of focus, you are very welcome to contact the Council office or email email@example.com
- Draft Tourism Strategy for Cotswold Edge & Severn Vale (PDF, 991 Kb)
- DRAFT Constitution (PDF, 142 Kb)
- Tourism Network Geographical Area of Reach (PDF, 1.2 Mb)
List of Annual Events in the Area
The Network is currently gathering information about local annual events in the area. Please see below for the downloadable list of information we have gathered so far. If you would like to add or share information please contact the Council office.
- Tourism Network List of Annual Events (Excel Spreadsheet, 14 Kb)
List of Local Attractions in the Area
- Tourism Network List of Local Attractions / Venues (Word Document, 17 Kb)
Accommodation in the Area
The Network is currently gathering information about local accommodation in the area. An accommodation list for the area will be published here soon. If you would like to add or share information please contact the Council office.
Local Research & Projects
The Network is currently gathering information about attractions and venues in the area. Please see below for the downloadable list of information we have gathered so far. If you would like to add or share information please contact the Council office.
Parish by Parish Inventory
The Network is undertaking a parish by parish inventory to record potential unique selling points and tourist related information across the area. The information will help the Network to create links and potentially create packages. Links to completed templates are available below, as is a downloadable blank template. If you have information you would like to share please contact the Network by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tourism Inventory Template (Word Document, 19 Kb)
- Tourism Inventory Template for Dursley (Word Document, 28 Kb)
- Tourism Inventory Template for Cam (Word Document, 21 Kb)
- Tourism Inventory Template for Wotton-under-Edge (Word Document, 24 Kb)
- Tourism Inventory Template for Hinton (Word Document, 1.5 Mb)
Taxi Feasibility Study Report
- Taxi Feasibility Study Report (PDF, 1001 Kb)
Vale of Berkeley Railway Project
- Vale of Berkeley Railway Presentation (PDF, 834 Kb)
Presentation on the Vale of Berkeley Railway Project given at the Tourism Network Meeting on 6th July 2017 by Howard Parker.