Job Vacancy: Assistant Amenity Grounds Person
Dursley Town Council provides local services to the town of Dursley and the surrounding area, striving to make it a better place to live, work and play for the local community.
An excellent opportunity has arisen at Dursley Town Council for an Assistant Amenity Grounds Person to join this hard-working, flexible and close-knit team. The successful applicant will be working with the existing grounds team, working in a range of locations across the town.
The position will involve a range of duties, including:
- ·Hedge trimming
- ·Cemetery maintenance and management
- ·Play Park grounds and equipment maintenance and routine inspections
- ·Litter collecting
- ·Soft landscaping – planting
- ·Working with the Dursley in Bloom organisation
This position will involve working outdoors in all weathers. The role includes 37 hours per week over five days. In addition, the candidate will be expected to work on Saturday and Sunday mornings every third weekend and some bank holidays.
A driving licence is desirable, but not essential.
The salary offered will exceed the National Living wage with overtime paid for additional hours worked.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st December 2017.
For more information or an application form, please contact the Town Clerk at email@example.com, telephone: 01453 547758 or call into the office at Jacob's House, Castle Street, Dursley, GL11 4BS.
- Application Form for Assistant Grounds Person (MS Word, 83 Kb)
Application Form for Assistant Grounds Person role
- Person Specification for Assistant Grounds Person (PDF, 337 Kb)
Person Specification for role of Assistant Amenity Grounds Person
- Grounds Team List of Duties (PDF, 460 Kb)
Grounds Team List of Duties - 2017