Dursley is preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) under the powers granted by the Localism Act 2011. NDPs give local communities the power to put in place planning policies for the future development and growth of their neighbourhoods.
Would you like to have a say in:
- Where new shops, homes and other developments should be built?
- Whether there are important local green spaces which should be designated for protection?
- Which sites could be developed for housing or employment?
- Whether there are other community needs e.g. car parking or community facilities?
This is the latest version of the Future Dursley Draft NDP (April 2017)
- Draft NDP (Part 1|) April 2017 (PDF, 2.5 Mb)
Draft NDP (Part 1) April 2017
- Draft NDP (Part 2) April 2017 (PDF, 4.9 Mb)
Draft NDP (Part 2) April 2017
- Draft NDP (Part 3) April 2017 (PDF, 15.6 Mb)
Dursley NDP Draft (Part3) April 2017
- Draft NDP (Part 4) April 2017 (PDF, 16.1 Mb)
Draft NDP Draft (Part 4) April 2017
- Draft NDP (Part 5) April 2017 (PDF, 142 Kb)
Dursley NDP draft (Part5) April 2017
The Future Dursley NDP will be subject to examination and referendum by the people of Dursley. If approved and supported by a majority of resident's the plan will be adopted by the District Council and become a statutory document.
This means that the plan will be taken into account when planning applications are considered and proposals made –This power means it is worth getting involved in.
To find out more please email: email@example.com or call 01453 547758.
- NDP Steering Group Meeting Dates 2017 (Word Document, 84 Kb)
2017 Meeting Dates for the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
Please get involved. This community led project is being guided by a Steering Group made up of local residents and town councillors. Meetings are held monthly on a Wednesday evening in the town council's offices. All are welcome to attend. Please contact in advance if you have any accessibility requirements.
The work of the Steering Group has been focused on a range of themed topics:
- Environment and Sustainability
- Services and Facilities
- Traffic and Transport
To date, the Steering Group has been carrying out public consultation, talking to a wide range of residents, groups and local businesses; gathering evidence with the help of volunteers and grant funded consultants and developing a draft vision and list of objectives for the plan.