Dursley is preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) under the powers granted by the Localism Act 2011. NDPs give local communities the power to put in place planning policies for the future development and growth of their neighbourhoods.
Following more than three years of hard work by a group of dedicated volunteers, Dursley's Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is ready for a Regulation 14 Pre-Submission Consultation, before being submitted for formal examination to Stroud District Council. This consultation will run from Friday 10th November 2017 until Friday 12th January 2018
The draft plan is based upon evidence-based research and extensive community consultation. It covers such issues as:
- where new shops, homes and other developments should be built;
- whether there are important local green spaces which should be designated for protection;
- which sites could be developed for housing or employment; and
- whether there are other community needs e.g. car parking or community facilities.
This latest version of the plan is available for the people of Dursley to examine and comment on either online below or as a hard copy at the Library or Town Council offices.
This community led project is being guided by a Steering Group made up of local residents and town councillors. To find out more please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 547758
This is the Regulation 14 Pre-Submission Version of the Future Dursley Draft NDP (Nov 2017)
- Draft NDP (Part 1) Pre-Submission Version (PDF, 2.9 Mb)
- Draft NDP (Part 2) Pre-submission version (PDF, 5.3 Mb)
- Draft NDP (Part 3) Pre-submission version (PDF, 1.7 Mb)
- Draft NDP (Part 4) Pre-submission version (Nov 2017) (PDF, 30.9 Mb)
- Draft NDP (part 5) Pre-submission version (November 2017) (PDF, 164 Kb)
The Future Dursley NDP will be subject to examination and referendum by the people of Dursley. If approved and supported by a majority of resident's the plan will be adopted by the District Council and become a statutory document.
This means that the plan will be taken into account when planning applications are considered and proposals made –This power means it is worth getting involved in.
- Map of Designated Dursley Neighbourhood Development Plan (PDF, 493 Kb)
Map of Designated Dursley Neighbourhood Development Plan