Dursley is preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) under the powers granted by the Localism Act 2011. NDPs give local communities the power to put in place planning policies for the future development and growth of their neighbourhoods.
LATEST NEWS - May 2018
The Submission Version of the Future Dursley Neighbourhood Development Plan and associated required documents will be considered by Dursley Town Council at their meeting on 8th May 2018. If approved these will then be submitted to Stroud District Council (SDC) as required by Regulation 15 (1) of the Neighbourhood Planning (general) Regulations 2012 before the end of May. SDC will run a further six week consultation in June/July 2018. The Future NDP will be subject to an independent examination in late Summer and a referendum in the Autumn. If approved and supported by a majority of residents the plan will be adopted by the District Council and become a statutory document.
This means that the plan will be taken into account when planning applications are considered or proposals made.
The draft plan is based upon evidence-based research and extensive community consultation. It covers such issues as:
- where new shops, homes and other developments should be built;
- whether there are important local green spaces which should be designated for protection;
- which sites could be developed for housing or employment; and
- whether there are other community needs e.g. car parking or community facilities.
This latest version of the plan is available to view online or as a hard copy at the Town Council offices or the Library.
This community led project is being guided by a Steering Group made up of local residents and town councillors. To find out more please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 547758
This is the Submission Version of the Future Dursley Neighbourhood Development Plan
- The Submission Neighbourhood Development Plan (PDF, 25.3 Mb)
- Map of Designated Dursley Neighbourhood Development Plan (PDF, 493 Kb)
Map of Designated Dursley Neighbourhood Development Plan Area
- The Designation of Neighbourhood Area Certificate for Dursley (PDF, 455 Kb)
The Designation of Neighbourhood Area Certificate for Dursley
- Dursley NDP - Draft Consultation Statement (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
- Basic Conditions Statement 2018 - 2031 (PDF, 942 Kb)
- Dursley NDP - Contribution to Sustainable Development (PDF, 91 Kb)
The Assessment of the Dursley NDP Contribution to Sustainable Development
- Strategic Environmental Assessment & habitats Regulation Assessment screening determination report from Stroud District Council (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
- Dursley Landscape Character Assessment Nov 2015 (PDF, 8.2 Mb)
- public consultation
- Developing a Draft Vision & Objectives
- Kingshill House Play Park LGS Responses (PDF, 5.9 Mb)
- Highfields Play Park and Field LGS Responses (PDF, 1.3 Mb)
- Cambridge Avenue Play Area LGS responses (PDF, 8.8 Mb)
- Land off acacia Drive LGS responses (PDF, 717 Kb)
- Long Street Town Green LGS responses (PDF, 3.9 Mb)
- Union Street Green LGS responses (PDF, 14 Mb)
- LGS Responses -Land off Hardings Drive 1 (PDF, 23.9 Mb)
- LGS Responses - Land off Hardings Drive 2 (PDF, 15.2 Mb)
- Holywell Orchard (PDF, 14 Mb)
- The Rec LGS Responses (PDF, 13.5 Mb)
- Reg 14 Consultation Feedback from Statutory Consultees (PDF, 206 Kb)
- Reg 14 Detailed Comments Response Schedule (PDF, 571 Kb)
- Regulation 14 Consultation Feedback (PDF, 220 Kb)
- Local Green space Designation Evidence Report May 2018 (PDF, 3.2 Mb)
- SDC and SG LGSD Correspondence (PDF, 3.2 Mb)