Dursley Town Council provides your local services. We strive to make Dursley a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Dursley Town Council and our car park management company, District Enforcement Ltd have agreed to temporarily waive the 23 hour time limit in the Long Street Car Park.
This temporary removal of the maximum waiting time follows requests from local residents who were leaving their homes to move their vehicles contravening the government guidance to stay at home.
This decision will be reviewed as government guidance is updated and any changes will be advertised on the Council website and signed in the car park.
Posted: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:19 by John Kay
The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.
That is why the government is now (23 March 2020) introducing three new measures.
1. Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes.
2. Closing non-essential shops and community spaces.
3. Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public. More »
Every resident must comply with these new measures. You should only leave the house for one of four reasons:
● Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
● One form of exercise a day..
● Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
Dursley Town Council would like to thank all residents and businesses for their co-operation in this matter and hope that these restrictions will only need to be in place for a short duration. » Less
Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:19 by John Kay
The Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic has led to this year's Local Elections being postponed until May 2021.
Election information is available from Stroud District Council's website:
Posted: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:00 by Leah Wellings