NEW RULES ON STAYING AT HOME AND AWAY FROM OTHERS
The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.
That is why the government is now (23 March 2020) introducing three new measures.
1. Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes.
2. Closing non-essential shops and community spaces.
3. Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public.
Every resident must comply with these new measures. You should only leave the house for one of four reasons:
● Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
● One form of exercise a day..
● Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
Dursley Town Council would like to thank all residents and businesses for their co-operation in this matter and hope that these restrictions will only need to be in place for a short duration.
Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:19 by John Kay