Dog thefts across the county are on the increase. The Covid-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on the price of puppies; with many people feeling it's a good time to buy or adopt a new puppy and subsequently the average price of a pedigree pup has rocketed to around £3k.
To help prtoect your dog:
• Keep an ID tag on your dog at all times (your surname, mobile number and address only)
• Secure gates using bolts at the top and bottom, along with a heavy-duty padlock and gate alarm
• Never leave your pet in the garden unattended
• Purchase a driveway alarm so you are alerted to any intruders, these can also be used in rear gardens and yards
• Make sure your dog is microchipped and their details are updated so that they can be returned if they are stolen and subsequently found.
• Avoid leaving a dog tied up outside a shop or left alone in a car, even for a few minutes
• Take lots of photographs of your dog to prove ownership if it's stolen, pay particular attention to any distinguishing markings on your dog.
Posted: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 09:07 by John Kay