National Lockdown: Stay at Home
The Government has announced a National Lockdown.
You must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.
You should follow the Government's new guidance immediately. The law will be updated to reflect these new rules.
Dursley Town Council has closed the tennis courts and outdoor gym equipment on the War Memorial Recreation Ground in line with the new guidance.
The main restrictions are summarised below, to read what you can and cannot do during the lockdown in full, please visit:
- Stay Home – only leave for work (if you cannot work from home), essential shopping, exercise or medical appointments.
- Exercise allowed outdoors once a day, in your local area. You can exercise with your household, support bubble, or one other person.
- Schools are closed except for vulnerable children and children of critical workers. Universities and colleges closed.
- No household mixing indoors or outdoors unless in your support or childcare bubble.
- Non-essential shops, leisure and entertainment venues closed.
- Pubs and restaurants closed but takeaway food permitted.
- People who are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable should not attend work, school, college or university, and should limit the time spent outside the home, only going out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential.
Approximately 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus have no symptoms and could be spreading it without realising. Remember 'Hands. Face. Space'.
For local help and support related to Covid-19, please visit the GL11 Community Hub website: https://www.gl11.org.uk/covid-19/
Posted: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 13:00 by Leah Wellings